Interested in submitting your proposal the Research Ethics Committee of the Federal Neuropsychiatric Hospital, Aro, Abeokuta? We recommend that you review the About the Journal page for the journal's section policies, as well as the Instructions to Investigator. Investigators need to register with the journal prior to submitting or, if already registered, can simply log in and begin the five-step process.
Materials for submission are:
- Cover page (as a separate file) that shows the following: title of research, Full Names, qualifications of investigators, and e-mail Addresses; names of Sponsors (where applicable); other collaborating institutions and investigators (where applicable); corresponding investigator, who must be the Project Principal Investigator (PI) or Local PI of the research and bears legal responsibility for the research.
- One-page plain language summary of the research including the title of the study, research design, methodology, principal exposure and outcome variables but must not contain information about the investigator/sponsor.
- The proposal without the cover page and without the consent form (anonymity for blind review)
- The consent form with all required information to identify the researcher/sponsor/affiliation
The consent form with all required information to identify the researcher/sponsor/affiliation replaced with XXXXXXXX (to ensure anonymity).
- Supervisor’s attestation statement. (Where applicable – in student’s research, for example).
- Receipt for due payment
- Completed application form
- Completed principal investigator’s CV in NIH (biosketch) format (maximum 2 pages, containing enough information to judge the ability of the PI to conduct the research)
- Evidence of completed ethics training on either of the two acceptable websites (www.citiprogram.org, OR https://elearning.trree.org/
- Application letter for ethics review addressed to the Chairman, HPHA Research Ethics Committee, Neuropsychiatric Hospital, Aro, Abeokuta, Ogun state, Nigeria.
- Co-Investigators attestation statement. (Where applicable) or Copy of letter(s) of support from co-investigator(s), laboratories and sources of required resources (where the researcher indicates that s/he will be collaborating with others.
- Sponsor’s attestation statement i.e. letter of sponsorship. (Where applicable)
- Materials Transfer Agreement (MTA - Where samples will be shipped out of Nigeria – see prototype on the NHREC website for guidance)
- Clinical Trial Agreement (CTA – Where the research is being conducted on behalf of a sponsor) and any other agreement that may have been signed and is relevant to the participants in the research.
Proposal is not considered duely submitted for ethics reviewe unless accompanied with payment receipt of appropriate fee as follows:
A. NPHA Staff
- Student Nurses - ₦2,000
- Undergraduates - ₦2,500
- Resident Doctors/MSc Students - ₦4,000
- Consultants/PhD Students - ₦6,000
B. Non-NPHA Staff
- Student Nurses - ₦3,000
- Working Class Undergraduates - ₦4,000
- Resident Doctors/MSc Students - ₦5,000
- Consultants/PhD Students - ₦10,000
C. Self-Funded Research by Nigerians in Diaspora - ₦15,000
D. Self-Funded Research by Foreigners - ₦30, 000
E. Nationally Funded Research - ₦25,000
F. Internationally Funded Research - ₦50,000
How to pay the fees online
- Visit: https://www.remita.net
- Click "Pay FGN and State TSA
- Select Federal Government of Nigeria
- Name of MDA: FEDERAL NEURO-PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL ABEOKUTA - 1000035
- Name of Service/Purpose: ETHICAL REVIEW FEE
- Description of Payment: Title of your research proposal
- Amount to Pay: put in the appropriate fee as show above
- Complete the rest of the form and pay through any of the payment options available in Remita.
- The remita receipt will be sent to your email.
- You should upload the receipt during the submission process along with other required documents